Friday, February 18, 2011

The Craft Oath

I pledge I will craft with love, always


I pledge I will only send something out that I would like to recive myself


I pledge When I craft for someone specific in mind, I will take into account their likes and dislikes, and I will always do my best


I pledge I shall craft to live and shall live to craft. Without crafting, I am nothing


I pledge I will love what I do, and share what I love.


I pledge to not steal the work of others... rather, to always create originally!


I pledge to embrace the mistakes and never let my craft be a burden


I pledge I will continue to push my creativity in new directions and to try new things


I pledge I will never begrudge myself my stash; it's my retirement account.


I pledge I will not make a big deal about something not being "perfect".  It may be loved by someone else!


I pledge I shall try to not be so self-critical and just enjoy what I can do to the best of my ability, but will never stop trying to improve my crafting abilities either.


I pledge I will create with my own uniqueness and passion.



Don't fret about the result, just enjoy the process.

There's no such thing as a mistake, it's a design opportunity.

Art heals, crafting is therapy...all creative expression is worthwhile and intrinsic to our health and self-esteem.





***********************************************






Thank you for all who contributed to this oath. To take the oath, just comment below. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...