Thursday, September 23, 2010

M is for...

My mom.


my mom was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme Brain Cancer stage 4 in April of this year. She had surgery to remove the tumor , the doctor could only remove about 90% of it and found another tumor hiding behind it that he could not remove. 
 Since then shes been going to chemo. 
She had tests done on the 1st of the month . the results were that the tumor is not getting bigger and its not shrinking either. she's done with chemo for now.


I make bracelets to help my mom get to her treatments that are 45 minutes from her Zephyrhills ,Fla home. 



Since shes done with chemo for the time being,  I will still be making and hopefully selling the bracelets to help her out with bills/ food. her medicade, medicare, and food stamps ( which she had before she was sick) were all cut off. 


I have made about 20 + bracelets and i still have plenty of beads left. Gray is the awareness color for GBM / Brain Cancer. I can add color beads ( my moms suggestion) and silver is the color of hope, so I mix the two. I use glass beads and gemstones.  


All bracelets can be found HERE .


Here is  The Jasper necklace.
made with a 1 inch jasper stone with pink glass beads, pale pink vintage beads, white glass beads and metal spacers with Agate stone ( the gray beads).
measures about 20inches altogether.


made with glass beads with Aventurine stone.size 7 - 7 1/2


Made with gray and clear glass beads, Aventurine stone beads, silver beads and metal spacers. measures about 7 inches. 




Hope, Faith, Courage




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...