Friday, August 6, 2010

my first jewelry home party.....

I have always wanted to do a jewelry home party... but i dont know that many people who would be willing to host one.
I was making jewelry one day at my boyfriend's and his mom liked a few bracelets and bought them. the next day she comes home and says that a lady from work said I should have a jewelry home party. so Penny ( boyfriends mom) said she would ask her daughter Teresa if she would host it. she agreed. as the day approached ( july 30th) i was getting things ready , made a few new pieces. made some displays, i was so nervous. good news is that i sold about 20 pieces.... funny thing is that the Teresa's friends asked if i could make the bracelets they liked in to anklets... which i was happy do do. real simple. I wish i would of come out of my shell. Jewelry home parties and shy people dont mix. i am sure if i knew the guests i would of opened up more . I didnt get any other parties or custom orders but its not like they had the money to buy much.( kids, bills etc) i dont think my pieces where much of their style.... i learned alot about what to do and what not to do. i think next time someone asks for a home party i will bring my beads and maybe have the guest pick out the materials they want me to use to make them a piece on the spot :)
I am determined that this year i will make a name for my self. that i will make the connections i need to get my lil business off the ground so people will stop calling it a hobby. ITS NOT btw! Making and selling jewelry is what i love to do...

below is the link to the items i sold
Sold items from Jewelry Home Party

1 comment:

  1. Erin, bringing your supplies to a party is a great idea! I brought my stuff to my sister-in-law's birthday to let her pick out beads for her birthday bracelet & she LOVED it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...